New Delhi, News Nation Bureau | Updated : 09 June 2019, 08:06 AM
Menopause is not considered a disease or a condition. (File Photo)
Menopause occurs when a woman has gone 12 months without a menstrual period. It usually happens when you’re in your 40s or 50s. It is a natural biological process and is not considered a disease or a condition.
What are the symptoms of Menopause?
While menopause is not a disease or disorder, it may lead to severe changes in a woman’s body. In the months or years leading up to menopause, the symptoms include:
• Irregular periods
• Vaginal dryness
• Hot flashes
• Night sweats
• Urinary problems
• Reduced muscle mass
• Increased hair growth on other areas of the body
• Memory problems
• Racing heart
• Lower fertility
• Dry skin
• Sleep problems
• Mood swings
• Loss of breast fullness
Other symptoms of Menopause include:
• Developing of fat in the abdomen, sometimes leading to overweight and obesity
• Hair loss and thinning hair
• Breast shrinkage
For every woman, the symptoms are different. Irregular periods are the first sign of Menopause. Some women get periods every 2-3 weeks whereas others don’t menstruate for months. When you begin to notice such changes in your body, you must definitely go and consult a doctor.
What are the causes of Menopause?
Menopause occurs when the ovaries age and produce less reproductive hormones. There are lower levels of:
• Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)
• Luteinizing hormone (LH)
During Menopause, there is loss of ovarian follicles. They are the structures that produce and release eggs from the ovary wall, allowing menstruation and fertility.
Home remedies and lifestyle changes:
Here are some tips for managing menopause symptoms:Wear loose clothes, especially during the night and during warm or unpredictable weather.
• Maintain a cool and comfortable temperature in the bedroom at night to minimize night sweats.
• Stay sexually active to reduce vaginal dryness.
• It is important to manage your weight during menopause. So, exercise daily.
• Take calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium supplements to help reduce your risk for osteoporosis and improve energy levels and sleep.
• Practice yoga or meditation
• Apply moisturizer frequently and take care of your skin.
CREDIT: HEALTHLINE, MAYOCLINIC, MEDICAL NEWS TODAY
First Published: Sunday, June 09, 2019 08:05 AM
Kraken Kratom is proud to offer the best kratom powder, leaf, extracts and capsules available online. Our rigorous quality control checks esnure your getting the highest quality kratom.