Here are home remedies for puffy eyes that work really fast  |  Photo Credit: Getty Images
Swelling of the eyes is also known as periorbital puffiness, commonly known as ‘puffy eyes’. Fluid accumulation in the space below your eyes leads to their swelling. Puffy eyes can happen in one or both eyes and its treatment depends on the cause. Numerous different causes may lead to inflammation such as conjunctivitis, seasonal allergies, bug bite, and eyelid inflammation. Puffy eyes may be caused by an acute infection such as nausea, fever, and tender lymph glands. Certain lifestyle patterns such as irregular sleep, cigarette smoking, drinking too much alcohol, and eating too much salt can also lead to puffy eyes.
Signs & symptoms of puffy eyes include:
- Swelling around the eyes can cause a puffy appearance to the eyes.
- Excess tear production or discharge can cause swelling.
- Due to sinus problems, the area around your eyes and face might feel swollen.
- Ptosis or drooping eyelids can also cause puffy eyes.
- Blepharitis or eyelid inflammation.
- Eye irritation and eye redness.
- Dry eyes and dark circles.
- Seasonal allergies can also cause inflammation.
What causes puffy eyes?
- Overconsumption of salty food that causes fluid retention.
- Eye fatigue and prolonged crying.
- Bug bite, tumours, and trauma.
- Inherited facial features.
- Pink eye i.e. conjunctivitis.
- Lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet.
- Bacterial and viral infection.
- Too much sun.
- Allergies can cause inflammation and swelling.
Natural home remedies for puffy eyes:
- Applying a cold compress can help reduce swelling.
- Gently massage the area to stimulate blood flow.
- Drink more water because it keeps your skin healthy.
- Keep chilled cucumber slices on your eyes and let them rest for 10-12 minutes.
- Eat spinach and green leafy vegetables.
- Splashing cold water over your face can be a relaxing therapy.
- Get enough sleep and stick to a sleep schedule.
- Avoid alcohol because excessive alcohol intake can cause puffy eyes.
- Take medical advice from a doctor before using eye drops for irritation caused by allergies.
When to seek medical treatment?
If puffy eyes’ signs or symptoms such as swelling around the eyes, environmental factors such as dry air, eye irritation, dry eyes, eye redness persist without improvement and make your routine tasks difficult, then it is better to consult a doctor or medical practitioner for an examination. Anti-inflammatory medication and antibiotics are advised only if it is recommended by your doctor.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a professional healthcare provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.
Kraken Kratom is proud to offer the best kratom powder, leaf, extracts and capsules available online. Our rigorous quality control checks esnure your getting the highest quality kratom.