The main bacteria which plays a major role in decay is Streptococcus mutans (Representational Image)  |  Photo Credit: Getty Images
- Cavities are one of the most common oral health problems
- Cavities can be caused by a number of factors. The main bacteria which plays a major role in decay is Streptococcus mutans
- Cavities are tiny holes in the hard surface of the teeth. The bacteria present there creates acid out of sugar there
New Delhi: Each and every individual might have undergone a cavity in teeth in their life. A cavity can attack people of any age group and generally gets hold of people who are sweet lovers. Every eight out of ten people might be suffering from the cavity. One must consult the doctor if the situation is painful and out of their control. At times, certain home remedies can also be followed.
What causes cavities:
1. Cavities can be caused by a number of factors. The main bacteria which plays a major role in decay is Streptococcus mutans.
2. Cavities are tiny holes in the hard surface of the teeth. The bacteria present there create acid out of sugar there.
3. At times, food and bacteria form the filth on the teeth which can be termed as plaque. Plaque removes minerals which eventually causes tiny holes in the enamel. Plaque needs to be removed properly as it can eventually lead to tooth decay.
Where can plaques be formed?
1. Plaques can be formed in cracks present in the teeth.
2. It can also be found around fillings which are broken.
3. Plaque can also occur close to the gum line.
Symptoms of cavities
Cavities are one of the most common oral health problems. Some of the symptoms of cavity can be enlisted below:
1. Toothache is one of the most common symptoms of the cavity. If your child regularly complains about toothache, chances are that he may be suffering from a cavity.
2. At times, if you sense pain while chewing food, the reason may be that you might be under the threat of a cavity.
3. Stains can be seen on the tooth surface
4. Another symptom of cavity can be when we eat sugary food which further leads to pain in our teeth. However, it is always advisable to consult the doctor for the best medical treatment.
Factors affecting cavities
1. Location of the teeth
2. Relying too much on sugary foods and drinks
3. Eating too much sweet during bedtime
4. Eating disorders also stimulate cavities
5. Poor oral hygiene can also trigger cavities
Home remedies for cavities
Often we are warned to stay away from sugary food since our childhood. The main reason is tooth decay. One must consult the doctor if the situation is out of control. Below are enlisted certain home remedies to get rid of cavities:
Vitamin D helps in limiting dental cavities. Food rich in Vitamin D such as yoghurt, milk or dairy products must be consumed. Sun is the natural source of Vitamin D.
Applying clove oil on the affected area can do wonders as clove has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and thus it helps in preventing cavity. The process can be applied for two-three times a day.
Garlic tends to be an essential ingredient to maintain oral health. Raw garlic also helps in maintaining oral health. One must eat the garlic cloves on an empty stomach in the morning for better results.
Lemon has certain citric acid present in it which helps in reducing pain. One can chew lemon slice for a few minutes and later must rinse their mouth with clean water.
Guava leaves have an antimicrobial activity which can help in treating a cavity. One can simply chew guava leaves or can add crushed leaves to boiling water and the mixture can be used as a mouthwash.
Green tea bags
Green tea reduces plaque production inside mouth. Lemon juice and honey must be added to hot green tea and the warm tea must be consumed for better results.
Gargle your mouth by adding salt to warm water and the activities must be repeated twice a day. Saltwater removes stickiness from the tooth and thus turns out to be effective.
Eggshells help in removing all the decay in the teeth. The eggshells must be boiled for a few minutes and then it must be dried. The shells must be then grinded properly and baking soda must be added to it to for paste. The paste must further be used along without toothpaste.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a professional healthcare provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.
Kraken Kratom is proud to offer the best kratom powder, leaf, extracts and capsules available online. Our rigorous quality control checks esnure your getting the highest quality kratom.