Full-body home workouts for weight loss: 4 effective exercises that will help you burn belly fat  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is one of the best things you can do for your overall health and well-being
- Regular physical activity can help you control weight, reduce your risk of certain medical conditions
- You can try these full-body workouts at home to burn belly fat and speed up your weight loss
New Delhi: Regular exercise will help you lose weight, support healthy immune function, improve mood and reduce your risk of diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, etc. The novel coronavirus pandemic has already changed the way how we eat and exercise, but it’s important to find ways to stay active while we are stuck at home during the lockdown period. This will help you prevent gaining belly fat and help you stay fit – physically and mentally.
As gyms, fitness centres shutter amid the COVID-19 crisis, most of us may be trying to cope with changes to our routine. If you’re struggling to stick to your exercise routine or having trouble beginning a workout plan at home, you’re not alone. To help you start exercising and actually stick to it, we spoke to a fitness trainer and sports nutritionist, who reveals a full-body home workout routine that will boost your weight loss and help you get rid of unhealthy belly fat.
Full-body home workout routine for weight loss
In this routine, we will target the entire body with some intense and compound movements. When you target multiple muscle groups in one exercise it is called compound movement and when more compound movements are present in your routine, better fat loss results can be expected, said Diksha Chhabra, who was also the winner of Mrs Body Fit crown at Mrs India Earth beauty pageant. This routine which includes burpees, squat jumps, plank jacks and lunge with twist will give you some amazing results in a very short time.
Burpees is an explosive movement that works on your entire body from the chest, abs, triceps and quads, etc, sending your heart rate through the roof for an awesome calorie burn.
To do Burpees:
- Stand shoulder-width hands apart by your side.
- Now, squat down and come on a plank position making a straight line with your body.
- Bring your feet inside, closer to your chest.
- Come on your feet with a jump with your arms reaching overhead and land back, squat down and repeat the cycle.
- Do these 10 times in 2 sets.
- If you’re a beginner, you may do the entire motion at your speed and avoid the jump. As you get better with time you can start performing the scaled-up variation of burpees.
- Do these 10 times in 2 sets.
Now let’s start the next movement which is squat jumps. Squat jumps is an addition to conventional squats with an inclusion of jump.
To do Squat Jumps:
- Take a shoulder stance, squat down, back straight, weight equally on your feet and come up and finish with the jump.
- The scaled-down version is performing normal squats.
- As you get better with squats start short jumps with easy landing on the floor.
- You can do 10 reps and 2 sets of squat jumps.
Plank jacks are a great workout that works on your entire body. Adding plank jacks to your routine helps in burning more calories and fat.
To do Plank Jacks:
- Come on a plank position with a comfortable distance between your feet.
- Maintain the plank, jump out, and then in – that’s the drill, jumps in and out while you are at the plank position.
- Now the easier version is taking one foot out at a time without any jumping movement. So one foot out and in and then the other.
- Do these again in two sets with 10 reps.
Lunges with an Oblique twist
The last exercise is lunges, which work on your lower body, core and stability. We’ll add an oblique twist with each lunge which will further challenge your core and stability. If you find lunging difficult, you can take support while lunging without a twist.
To do lunges with an oblique twist:
- Stand upright, take a large step forward, and lower your hips so that the front of your thigh is parallel to the ground, bending your knee at 90 degrees, and twist
- Come back to the starting position and do the same with the other leg.
- You can keep your hands on your waist, overhead, or if you think you need support don’t hesitate to hold a chair, wall, or pole.
- Do this for 10 reps in 2 sets.
- Don’t forget to take rest for 20 to 30 secs between each set.
Pro Tip: Electrolytes play a very important role in maintaining balance in your body. So, make sure that you keep yourself hydrated with water, buttermilk, coconut milk, salted nimbu pani, etc to balance the electrolytes in your body for smooth functioning.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Kraken Kratom is proud to offer the best kratom powder, leaf, extracts and capsules available online. Our rigorous quality control checks esnure your getting the highest quality kratom.